23 February 2024

An Early Spring

 

It's been three years since I last decorated for spring (2021; we moved in April 2022 and in May 2023). As I was getting out my things I realized... I don't have enough spring stitches! I've got a couple in the current to-do pile, and hopefully I can get them done pretty soon. I also had a rummage in the finishes pile and realized I've got a few spring things to finish/frame, so that's on the list as well. Since we don't have winter here (or what I consider winter), I just decided to go ahead and get a head start on spring. 








It's nice to see all of it again after so long. I am, as always, behind on finishing and framing. I need to reorganize my shelves that hold all my stitching stuff. I'm thinking about re-doing my summer decor with a different theme. I need to pull some supplies and get a few projects together. I'm stalking the mailman for some goodies I'm expecting. Just busy, busy, busy. Aren't hobbies wonderful? So much to do, and plan, and think about, and putter around with, and look forward to. So good for what ailes you. 

Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

  1. Hobbies are wonderful! Unfortunately my eyes only permit me 4 hours a day of needlework or I'd be going at it much longer.
    I recently started designing my own embroidery pieces. I started wth 2 different Easter egg pieces, one of which I painted the fabric with watercolors before stitching. I was pleased with the results.
    Right now I am working on George on Horseback by Miss Prim but I also decided to do a long range project of several different pieces in a series called A Study of Hydrangeas which I am designing. I started on one of those pieces yesterday.
    I always love reading your blog. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty spring display. Hobbies sure do keep us busy. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful spring pieces! Love the colors. But where are your little sweethearts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so cute & pretty.
    Love that jar of eggs!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful spring display you have created, Honeybee! Our hobbies definitely keep us busy for sure. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the little Bird Bath cross-stitch. Your Spring decor is very pretty. You have much more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty Spring pieces! I have always intended to stitch that sweet "In Your Easter Bonnet" piece--maybe this year? There are just way too many beautiful designs to stitch and not enough hours in the day. Enjoy this last bit of February!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really lovely spring display! I agree with you about hobbies- they really give you so much joy. Even when I can't actually stitch for some reason, I enjoy thinking about it and planning my next project.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete