01 March 2024

Winter Pretties

 

Mr. Wonderful is safely returned from TDY and I managed to get half my smaller framing projects done. As we say at our house, "not great, not terrible". I had hoped to get a bit more done, but I'm happy to have accomplished what I did and maybe I can get a few more done over the weekend.

An uncharacteristic amount of blue happening here, for a girl who's not wild about blue, but in stitching, I take it on a case-by-case basis. I usually "purple-ize" blue projects (convert from blue to purple), but I liked these designs as they were.

This is Winter's Rest by Calico Confectionery,  stitched with the recommended DMC on mystery rustic even weave.




Snowy Wren from the February 2023 issue of Just Cross Stitch, stitched with the recommended DMC on Bridesmaid even weave.




And Let it Snow by Blackberry Lane designs, stitched with the recommended DMC on PTP Stellar, which I don't think is available anymore (or wasn't last I checked). Which is a shame, as it's a stunning blue, but I think I remember reading that some blue dyes were discontinued a while back and fabric dyers lost some of their colors.




I'm going to keep poking along here in the sewing room. Stay tuned for another batch of framing in a few days! 

Then maybe some finishing? Who knows?!

Happy Stitching!

19 comments:

  1. Oh your work is so beautiful and I just love your framing .
    Just perfect , hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so pretty.
    I love blue!
    Great finishes.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people love blue; I'm just an odd duck! :O)

      Delete
  3. This trio of framed pieces = beautiful all the way around! Each one is so pretty, but my eye keeps straying back to the wren piece. Glad to hear Mr. Wonderful is home safe and sound. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have chosen some sweet designs to stitch and the frames you chose are perfect.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your framed designs.
    Glad your Husband made it home safely.
    I bet the Butterfly and Marigold were happy to see dad home.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyey are all just beautiful. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Wish you could bottle up your enthusiasm for final finishing and sell me a gallon! Lol! Good to hear hubby has arrived home👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bottled finishing concoction would only work on an odd numbered Tuesday when the moon is full!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful framing, Honeybee!! ….as always…I love that cute Wren. It’s in my ‘to do’ pile.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Another three beautiful finishes. I really like the way the blue stain on the first frame highlights the wood grain and complements the stitching so well.

    I’ve always liked the snowman design. I love the blue fabric that you chose. I have some periwinkle Lakeside for another design, but I think there will be enough left to stitch this too. Time to move it from the wish list to the shopping cart.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, I think that would be really pretty!

      Delete
  9. These three framed pieces are beautiful! I would actually say that it's great to get that much done (although I know you were hoping for even more progress). Glad to hear Mr. Wonderful arrived back home safely.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete