27 July 2024

Christmas in July! (& Fall & Halloween)

 

Look at this adorable wee mole in his jaunty little hat! Isn't this the cutest? I had to pause summer birds and Halloween mania just for a minute to stitch this cheerful little guy. He's from Lola Crow on Etsy. I stitched him on 32 ct. grey Basalt Splash.

I added a bit of stash in preparation for some fall projects. The fabrics are (top) 32 ct. Sandbar linen by Under the Sea Fabric and 32 ct. Service Lugana by Atomic Ranch Fabrics.




I also rummaged around in my hoard and pulled out some Halloweenish fabrics.


I have a stack of small Halloween designs I want to stitch so, as I do with most of my multi-design projects (like Summer Birds and Christmas Open House) I put them all in a presentation book (Avery, a few bucks at Walmart) and made a pretty cover. The picture is a free printable from the Purple Pumpkin blog.


Next up is either July Basket or a summery/spooky little design I found that's perfect for those of us trapped in summer and longing for fall! And my copy of the new Pigeon Coop Designs book should be here this week, and I'm pretty sure there's a bird in there I need to stitch right away. 

Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

  1. The wee mole is cute! I'm anxious for Fall! It's been so hot here, I have promised to not complain about how cold I am in late Fall and Winter! I love your Halloween fabrics too😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little Mole is so cute!
    I am also ready for Fall & going through stash for Fall patterns.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting ready for fall is my favorite part of summer!

      Delete
  3. What an adorable mole piece, Honeybee! There he looks so sweet; not so much in my yard. I use those presentation books to store my printed PDF charts. I may have to borrow your idea about using them for my multi-project endeavors. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the occasional mole in our yard when we lived on the East Coast. Little raised trails in the sod.

      Delete
  4. That little mole is adorable. I like the fabrics and flosses you have for some Fall stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of a Christmas mole, but isn't it the cutest thing. Love the colors of your new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mole is adorable! Did you get the Pigeon Coop bonus pack too? Mine arrived the other day, but I'm waiting for the book to arrive before I play with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't but my book arrived today! I can't wait to stitch that Blue Jay!

      Delete
    2. The Jay is gorgeous! I want to stitch just about the entire book. It's going to be hard to decide what to work on first.

      Delete
  7. The little mole with the top hat is just adorable! He looks great on the grey Basalt Splash fabric, too. I love all your Halloweenish fabrics and your new flosses.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete