04 July 2024

Summer Birds, So Far

 

How bright and cheerful and fun is this?! This is my progress so far on my Summer Birds project and I have to say, it's turning out exactly as I had envisioned it and I'm having a blast stitching all these birds! I wanted a colorful jumble of birds in a variety of styles, and I think I'm well on my way to achieving that. Although I don't have many yet, I'm looking forward to getting these finished so I can begin working on my display. It will be a bit sparse at first, but I hope to fill it in over the rest of the summer. 

These just make me smile.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Independence Day and a safe and peaceful holiday weekend. The month of June was a little wild at the Wonderful household, but we made it through and I am tired! I would love to spend this long weekend in the sewing room, reclaiming it and getting some work done. We'll see. 

Enjoy the holiday and Happy Stitching!

12 comments:

  1. Very nice work so far. Looking forward to the display. My favorite is the center top and bottom left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I can't pick a favorite!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful birds, I am looking forward to seeing them constructed and displayed.
    Thank your husband for his amazing service to our Country.
    God Bless America
    Happy Blessed Fourth

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear, will do! Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  3. I love your aesthetic and your vision. Happy 4th July !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm having fun with it! Happy Independence Day!

      Delete
  4. They are all so pretty, I can't pick a favorite!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and colorful! I can't pick a favorite😵‍💫🙃

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bird pieces are incredible, Honeybee. Each and every one of them! Hope you had a quiet 4th and Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, thanks, Robin. Hope yours was nice, as well.

      Delete