18 December 2018

A Christmas Tea: Spoonful of Sugar Ornaments

Welcome back! Today I have an elegant little teacup ornament to show. This design is available from this Etsy shop. I used gold Petite Treasure Braid to give it a bit of sparkle!

I made what I'm calling "Spoonful of Sugar" ornaments using the small plastic spoons from a tasting set. Tasting sets are sets of mini spoons and cups (usually plastic or porcelain), and can sometimes be found in the grocery store. The tiny spoons are great for crafts. 

The sugar cubes are made from small wood cubes (Hobby Lobby) painted white and dusted with glitter.



If we're having a Christmas tea, we need gingerbread. Those of you who've been around a while will know that one of my loves is small-batch baking. (If you need to catch up, check out these posts.) This recipe for a mini gingerbread loaf is lovely. The recipe says it should be baked 33-40 minutes, but I found mine was done after about 30 minutes. Just the right amount of spice and excellent with a cup of tea!

Have a great day, and see you back here tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I would like a slice of the gingerbread for breakfast. Looks so good! Your ornament stitch is darling, Honeybee. I love your spoon ornaments. Did you sprinkle the glitter on the 'sugar cubes' while the paint was still wet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! You can use fine glitter, too, but I like the chunky, old-fashioned looking stuff.

      Delete
  2. What a darling teacup ornament. Clever little spoonful ornaments too! The gingerbread looks perfect and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely little teacup ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful teacup ornament, and I love the way you've finished it as well! The gingerbread loaf looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - so festive, clever & gingerbread.... my favorite!!!! Swoon :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ornament , the spoons look wonderful.
    Oh and the gingerbread looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ornaments are too cute, and that Gingerbread looks yummy!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the sweetness of your Spoonful of Sugar ornaments. It's hard to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! So cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the teacup ornament...so very pretty. I love making gingerbread for gifts at Christmas. Sometimes I add chocolate chips too. Have a blessed and wonderful Christmas Honeybee. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh,those spoons are so precious! I do love your tea theme--makes me wish I loved tea, too :)

    ReplyDelete