20 December 2018

A Christmas Tea: Teapot Ornaments

Another sleepy little Christmas visitor! This sweet mouse is from the Leisure Arts book 101 Christmas Minis Book 2. He's stitched on 32 ct. red/natural petit point linen with DMC.

How about some tiny teapot ornaments? These couldn't be simpler. All you need are some small Christmas ornaments, some pipe cleaners, some embellishments, and a hot glue gun. The teapot lid is a couple of tiny buttons with a crystal bead on top.




Time for more Tiny Baking! I found a 3-cup bundt pan at Wal-Mart a while back, and launched a search for recipes. This recipe for Vanilla Pound Cake from Nordic Ware makes this adorable baby bundt:

Isn't that just the cutest? It's the perfect size for you and a friend or two. The slices are teeny tiny and precious. I don't know what brand my baby bundt is, but there's a link to a Nordic Ware 3-cup bundt pan on the recipe page. Two notes: 1) If you go looking for recipes, be aware that most references to a "mini" bundt pan are talking about a 6-cup pan (regular is 10-12 cup), not a 3-cup pan, which are sometimes called "baby" bundts; and 2) I baked this one for the full 35 minutes, placing some foil around the outer edges at about 25 minutes to keep them from getting too brown. I used this recipe for the Vanilla Bean Glaze, scaled down to 1/4.

Since it's a lot easier to find recipes for 6-cup cakes than 3-cup cakes, the obvious solution is to get two 3-cup pans, bake two little cakes, keep one, and share the other!

Come on back tomorrow for the last day of my Christmas Open House.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What is NOT adorable about this post I ask you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully frosted mini cake. Adorable. Love your stitching and your crafts. New reader and follower.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Beca! Thank you so much for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I've been enjoying your tea posts during your Open House! These ornaments are precious and I do love finding links to smaller cake recipes as we are down to just the two of us (except at holiday time!). I look forward to tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another adorable and lovely post. I just love this theme. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely ornament with the little mouse peaking out of the teapot! And I love that linen fabric with the red dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your small batch pound cake is simply adorable. I bet it tastes fabulous. Those teapot ornaments are adorable, Honeybee. Your stitched ornament is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that little Mousie!
    The teapots are too cute, and that little Bundt is perfect!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete