29 October 2019

First-Ever Pre-Halloween Snow


Well, the locals told us it would snow before Halloween, and lo and behold, it did! It began yesterday around 6 p.m. and snowed lightly all evening. It wasn't much, but it was so nice. There's nothing quite like the very first snow of the season. The part of the East Coast we moved from usually doesn't have much in the way of snowfall until January, and being from Texas originally, pre-Halloween snowfall is just bizarre to us. 



We're supposed to get more tonight and tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to putting on a crock pot of soup and cozying up in my sewing room to stitch and watch the snow fall. 

Our first winter on the Great Plains is underway. I'm armed with cozy blankets, a new soup cookbook (with 300+ recipes!), and enough stash to provide projects to every person in Siberia. Let's do this.

9 comments:

  1. I love your first snow of the season pictures, Honeybee. What new soup cookbook did you pick up? I look forward to hearing about which ones you have made and would make again. I wish I lived nearer -- I could provide dessert to go with your soup. It would be fun to sit and stitch/chat/eat with you while watching the snow fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Robin, that would be wonderful! What a treat! The book is the Taste of Home Soups Cookbook. I got it on Amazon.

      Delete
  2. We also had some snow, it was so pretty on the trees.
    Tiger Lily looks like she is enjoying the snow coming down. :
    Mmmm, I love homemade soups. I'll have to check that out.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty pictures of the season's first snow! Sounds like you're prepared for a cozy winter on the Great Plains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little head intent on watching the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty snow :-) All we have to look at is wet, rain rain and more rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not ready for snow yet as I live in Pennsylvania we have had some Halloween snow and we are expecting snow this week. Just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We lived for many years in OH and MI and sometimes had October snowfalls. Now that we live in SE TX, we hardly ever see snow.

    ReplyDelete