12 October 2019

Pink & Green Ornaments, Part 1

For the Christmas Ornament SAL, I have nine ornaments stitched (January through September), and I have six finished. (If you're new here, these ornaments are for the Christmas tree in my pink and green sewing room.) I hope to get the finishing on the remaining three done next week. Then I'll be caught up to October, with only three more to stitch and finish. This SAL has been great for keeping me on track with ornament stitching during this very busy year (click on the image in the right sidebar to go to the SAL page).

This crocheted banner thingy is something I picked up at Hobby Lobby during the summer a few years ago. It looked useful as... something. When I'm doing a lot of finishing at once, I quickly run out of space to display my finishes as I complete them. I want to keep them out for a while and enjoy them--who wants to put in all that effort and then immediately store them away? So I nailed this crocheted banner to a little scrap of wall in my sewing room and pinned my finishes to it as I completed them. Now I can see them all together, see how the colors are working, and just enjoy my work.

January and March

February


September and April

June

For info on any of these ornaments, click on the Christmas Ornament SAL label at the bottom of this post. All the info on sources and color conversions is posted.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Honeybee! I totally enjoyed seeing your finished ornaments for your pink & green tree. I really like each one, but the poinsettia in the pinkish fabric is my favorite. I look forward to seeing the 3 unfinished one turned into finished form and seeing what you come up with for the last three months of the year. Well done! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just gorgeous! I love every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pink & green choices are so pretty.
    Love that skating girl1
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to display all your pretty ornaments! Your pink and green Christmas tree will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely! You are inspiring me to get more done before Christmas for my tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so very pretty and I love how you've displayed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they are way too beautiful to put away. Perfect way to display them for now. They all look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finishes and a lovely way to display!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piękne rzeczy robiszrobisz, dziękuję za odwiedziny. Pozdrawiam😘

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning. Love the idea of the crocheted runner to display your finished ornaments.

    ReplyDelete