21 December 2023

Dear Santa: Day Four



Day four, and we have three Santas for the price of one! I chose my favorite Prairie Schooler Santas and stitched them together as one piece. From left to right: 1989, 1990, 1991. These are available in one leaflet, Santa Collection 1988-1991. I stitched them with the recommended DMC over one on 20 count Sage Jobelan. The wood they're mounted on is from Hobby Lobby.


*****

It's Cookie Drop-In day! I snapped a quick picture before all the hungry troops arrived!








Info about this finish is in this post, and the wreath is from Christmas Open House 2017.

*****
This recipe for Gingerbread Cookies with Lemon Frosting is similar to the Percolator Punch recipe. People read the label and are intrigued, then they try one and go back for seconds or even thirds!

Another new addition to the cookie repertoire this year is Fudge Cookies. These are very similar to one of my favorites, Chocolate Espresso Cookies, but without the espresso. As with the espresso version, don't make these too far in advance. They're best made the day you need them, or the day before.

Fudge Cookies

1 12 oz. bag (2 c.) chocolate chips
2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
2 Tbsp. butter
2 eggs
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Heat oven to 350. In a microwave safe bowl, on 50% power, melt 1 c. chocolate chips, baking chocolate, and 2 Tbsp. butter. Heat for about 30 seconds at a time; chocolate will be soft enough to stir together before it appears melted; no need to overheat. Cool slightly and add eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, and baking powder. Stir until well combined; stir in remaining 1 c. chocolate chips. This will be more like a batter than a dough. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2" apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes, or until edges are firm and surfaces are dull and crackled. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before removing to racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen

*****
Only one more day left! Join me tomorrow for the finale!

17 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the boots.
    Everything looks so warm and inviting...just like the hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the picture of the boots! Your Christmas days makes me so happy! Can’t go wrong with PS Santa’s. Love the 3 together. Thank You
    Darlene N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your PS Santas and their finish, Honeybee! But then, there is just something about PS Santas that are so classic. Love all the pictures you shared, but my favorite is the one with the boots. I remember the featured wreath. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors.look brighter than other PS Santas that I've seen - I was going to ask you for your color conversion! So adorable! I never thought I would see an octopus holding a gingerbread cookie 😍😂 This was so wonderful for you to do for the troops!! Lemon with gingerbread....hmm, sounds perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moved some of the colors around on the animals but didn't change any!

      Delete
  5. Ok, one word "octopus". Where, how? Love every single picture! Warm, cozy, sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies look delicious! So warm and cosy (we have a summer Christmas here in New Zealand, I think I want to experience a winter Christmas one day!)
    I always love all your stitching, it's so beautiful and perfect. The boots picture is great, how many troops drop in?
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so busy I'm not sure how many we had. I think it was about 30. Fortunately, it's a small squadron.

      Delete
  7. Your PS Santa piece is great.
    How wonderful of you to have a Cookie Drop-In for the troops.
    I'm sure they loved it!
    The cookies look delicious.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Prairie Schooler Santas all stitched together! All your photos of your home and decorations ( and the boots!) look so warm and inviting; I bet it was certainly a very fun and successful holiday get-together! An octopus is a great mascot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your PS Santas! PS Santas make me very nostalgic as I stitched many of them while my dad was ill and treasure them so much! Another beautiful day at your open house! It was fun to see some of your past open house treasures as well (although, true confessions, I visit your past ones each year before the current one starts)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pictures, the boots, your wreath, the tree, santas. It is all wonderful. Glad someone asked about the octopus, because I was curious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love all your stitched Santas! The wreath is gorgeous. I thought the octopus was like a cheese ball! Haha 😆

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely display of Christmas decorating, it is so kind of you to have a cookie drop in day, that is an amazing thing to do for our men and women who keep us safe from harm
    God Bless all our military for what they do for us.
    Thank-you for the recipe, the cookies look yummy.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete