22 December 2022

Heaven and Nature Sing! The Fifth Day

Y'all didn't think we'd get all the way through this week without a fox, did you? Here he is, in all his sparkly, coppery glory!

Oh, the Sandhill Crane. These birds were overhead, seeing us off as we left our last duty station. It made me cry, as we didn't want to leave. I'll always think of them that way. Hope to see them again some day.

Bonus critter friend! The adorable skunk! Somehow it seems right that skunks should sparkle.

The Snowy Owl. This is another example of using scrapbooking scissors for markings, as I mentioned Sunday. I simply trimmed the squiggles apart and glued them on separately.

A lovely, graceful Swan. She has her own little pond to float on. 

A TIP for making easy stands for your birds and other critters. Simply bend a pipe cleaner into a "U" shape, bend the "legs" of the U, and glue them to the ornament.

*****

One more side recipe, this one goes with everything I've posted so far. Very quick to whip up, super buttery, slightly sweet (which you can adjust to taste), it's more like a corn cake. Because it uses baking mix, you can also use Carbquick and Splenda to make it much lower in carbs: Buttery Bisquick Cornbread. (I always reduce the sugar/Splenda.)

*****

Speaking of owls, check out this magnificent 100 Owls freebie. Isn't it lovely?

Final day of birds and critters tomorrow! Come see who made the cut (I had to quit at some point!)

8 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying your open house look forward to it every year. I miss the stitching but the birds and critters are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on reading your blog, and I am truly sorry to learn about Tiger Lily, your very precious girl. New baby girls look sweetly playful and beautiful, congrats. Happy Christmas! Happy New Year! from Melanie, not Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all but especially the fox and swan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely day of animals. I knew you couldn't skip a fox - he's a beauty! I've been enjoying your open house this week, and thank you for the links and recipes too.
    Mary (Bluebird)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Honeybee: I am so in love with the fox all your designs are lovely but his little face is so sweet.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. All are so pretty, but that Fox is awesome!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That owl and the fox are my favorites today. One of my former students would love the skunk!

    ReplyDelete